please see instructions below. This paper should be any type of oceanography. Thank you.
You can pick any topic related to oceanography, as long as the topic meets the standards of a college-level academic paper. I have also included a list of potential topics below that you may choose from as well.
The paper should be written in APA format. Your paper should also adhere to the following guidelines:
- Your paper does NOT require an abstract page, which is typical of a longer document.
- Your paper SHOULD include a title page and should be formatted with the correct headers and page numbers.
- Your paper should be a minimum of five (5) pages in length, Times New Roman 10-12 font, double-spaced.
- Your paper must include a minimum of three (3) academic resources, properly cited in APA format.
Possible Topic Ideas (You are NOT required to use these. Choose what you are interested in)
- The Ice Age and Oceanic Development
- Undersea Volcanic Activity
- Deep Sea Sedimentation
- Dissolved Organic Matter in the Ocean
- Ocean Erosion
- Water Circulation Patterns in Fjords
- Salinity Processes in the Indian Ocean
- Hydrothermal Vents
- Colonization of the Ocean Floor
- Ocean Reefs and Biodiversity
- Changing Dynamics of the Ocean’s Food Web
- Comparison of Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- The Origin of Ocean Water
- Marine Chemistry (salt, oxygen, carbon dioxide, trace elements)
- Icebergs and Sea Ice
- Wave Transport of Sediment and Beach Formation
- Coastal Erosion and Deposition
- Geothermal Processes on the Ocean Floor (Mineral Formation)
- Life in the Deep Sea
- Upwelling of Deep Water
- Sea Currents
- The Tides
- Use of Remote Sensing in Oceanography
- Oxygen Isotopes in Deep Sea Cores
- Ocean Impacts on the Atmosphere
- Sea Level Rise
- Past, Present and Future
- Ocean Acidification
- Ocean Mining
- History of Ocean Exploration